Date of Last Update:† 05/03/2008
NOTE NEW AGE
GROUPS: Minimum Ages Listed
Division Male Female
O/18 18 n/a
O/30 30 18
O/40 40* 18 * Keeper may be 0/30
Interested in playing in the Adult Co-Ed Adult Soccer League? Here are some the rules
and requirements of playing in the San Angelo Adult Soccer League (Co-Rec).
1. All players must be registered with the San Angelo Adult Soccer League and with
North Texas Soccer Association.
2. Dues must be paid with registration forms prior to the first game of each season.
Dues are set prior to each season. $20 for returning players from the prior season, $30
for all new players, $10 extra for dual registration (playing in two divisions). Please compete
form for each division.
3. Returning players have the option of playing on the same team or going into the
player pool. New players will be placed in the player pool and placed on teams that need
players. New players may request a specific team but no guarantees will be made that
they will play on that team.
4. The Fall/Winter Season will start the first weekend in December and will run into
February (with one week off during the Christmas or New Years holiday). Games will be
on Sundayís and are at 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm.
5. The Summer Season starts the first week in June and runs into August. Games
this year will be on Sunday nights at 7:00 p.m.
6. For the O/30 Division, men must be 30 or turning 30 during the current season to
register and play. Women must be 18+ to play. For the O/40 Division, men must be 40 or
turning 40 during the current season to register and play. Women must be 18+ to play.
For the O/18 Division, only available for men 18+ years of age.
7. Format will be 11 vs. 11 (depending on number of players) and will be played on
appropriate size field (smaller fields with U12 goals). There must be a woman on the field
at all times or the team must play one player short. Minimum of 7 players to start the
8. Game playing time is 80 minutes (40 minute halves) with a 5 minute break.
Substitutions can be made at anytime (donít have to wait for throw-ins, goal kicks, etc.).
9. If a team is short players at the beginning of the game, players from other
registered teams may play for the team that is short subject to the opposing team
coordinator approval. All players must be a current registered player with the San
Angelo Adult Soccer League/North Texas Soccer Association.
10. Normal rules of soccer apply including off-sides, throw-ins, and penalty kicks.
There will be NO SLIDE TACKLES in any division! Yellow Cards or Red Cards issued to
players will be subject to committee review and fines.
11. A registered referee will be assigned to each game and they will have the
authority to issue yellow/red cards and ask players to leave the field if it becomes
12. If jerseys are provided to your team, they must be turned back at the end of the
13. NOTE: FINES MAY BE ASSESSED IF YELLOW CARDS OR RED CARDS ARE
Want more information? Contact Christie Gilbreath, SAASL Registrar, at 325-947-7176
or Jerry Merril, SAASL VP, at 944-4551 (w).
You can also send an e-mail to:
The Adult Soccer League at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or are
interested in joining any division.